Now that the turkey hangovers are done and life is getting back to normal for most people or the chaos of the holiday season is starting to roll in, I am already thinking about what is up next for the Barbell Poet.
My initial answer is to simply say…I have no idea!
That is not a bad thing, just an unknown. I can say that over the next 31 days as we head into a new year, I will continue to get better and develop myself. I will spend the time focusing on my training, my nutrition, my goals and starting on a path of personal growth in the new year.
A couple weeks ago, I stepped down from my position in order to do the very things listed above. I stepped down to get better personally and get better as a coach. And that is where I will start. I have given myself the month of December as a minimum to start coming up with the goals for the new year…what will those goals look like.
As of right now, they start with the following:
- Write a Book (It doesn’t have to be published, just written)
- Take the GRE and consider getting a Masters (have to look at the financials on that one)
- Update THIS website
- Develop a solid habit of training consistently
- Clean up the nutrition
- Develop my own training philosophy by studying people that I admire
- Helping my kids with their homework
- Helping my kids use their imagination
- Surprising my wife every now and then (fewer hurried and rushed date nights)
- Learn about and put together a solid business philosophy that I can be proud of and that represents me
- Enjoy the beauty of small blessings
- Be better!
That is where I will start. Does it mean that I will never coach at my old gym again? Not necessarily. Does it mean that I will stay in my current situation? Not necessarily. It means that for the first time in a long time, I am open to change.
I am excited about the future and what might be coming my way. I am excited to attack life again and focus on being better everyday…even if it is just a little bit!